Home > Windows 7 > 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Contents

If there is no AUTOEXEC.NT file proceed as follows:Browse to "%windir%/repair/" (usually "C:\WINDOWS\repair")Right-Click and Copy the AUTOEXEC.NT fileBrowse to "%windir%/system32/" (usually "C:\WINDOWS\System32")Right-Click inside the window and Paste the fileThe error condition when notwepad opens, copy and paste the following into it: dos=high, umb device=%SystemRoot%\system32\himem.sys files=40 then close the window, saving when you are prompted. JoinAFCOMfor the best data centerinsights. You may want to virus-check your system with one of the following free tools:Symantec Virus DetectionPanda ActiveScanMicrosoft has several Knowledge Base articles on this issue, including the following:Error message when You navigate here

Install the program again. good work Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Oct 8, 2004 I am receiving a similar error, but it displays this application cannot run due Locate, and then right-click %SYSTEMROOT%\System32, and then click Paste. 4. [email protected] Log In or Register to post comments CARLOS (not verified) on May 12, 2004 i need config.nt Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Oct

16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7

Using My Computer, Computer or File Explorer navigate to and open the C:\Windows\System32 folder. computer tech 5,371 views 3:06 Cara Mengatasi Pesan 16 Bit MS DOS Subsystem - Duration: 4:45. In the File Name box, type "Autoexec.nt" (without the quotation marks), and then click Save. 10.

1. Like most problems, there is a solution for this.
  2. The second solution is to extract the file 'autoexec.nt' from the Windows Installation CD, using the 'Expand' command to do the necessary things.
  3. I was happy to assist you with this question.
  4. This was a huge relief from months of stressing over installs!
  5. Computer will not accept any of these suggestion.
  6. Sign in 4 Loading...

Britec09 12,802 views 5:52 How to run a Dos program on Windows 7 - Duration: 4:20. This file, which is part of the Windows 16-bit subsystem as it ships with Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003, normally resides in the "System32" subdirectory of the Windows Close Config.nt. 6. Config.nt Windows 7 Show more Loading...

Like I said I am confused, someone help me please!!! Config.nt Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7 Locate, and then right-click Config.nt, and then click Copy. 3. but when I restart the computer... Would not finf the destination drive nor would it open the Files.

Click Start, Run, type cmd and press enter to open the MS-DOS window. Config.nt Windows Xp this file is critical to point a 16 bit application to the dosx file. Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Mar 21, 2005 or just compy it from another machine you have or download it from the net ;) Thank You!!!

Config.nt Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos Windows 7

Find the install program you are running in explorer or my computer. https://www.experts-exchange.com/questions/21080105/C-WINDOWS-System32-Autoexec-nt.html Close Yes, keep it Undo Close This video is unavailable. 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Error Windows 7 Open the C drive, double click on windows, and then find the system32 folder. Config.nt The System File Is Not Suitable For Running Ms-dos And Microsoft Windows Applications The installer program you are running may have a pointer to a corrupter or invalid .nt file.

Sign in Share More Report Need to report the video? check over here This feature is not available right now. Close Autoexec.nt. Thanks. Config.nt File Download

All of the resources I've searched points to this as the resolution. If it works, I'll post it as an official answer. Log In or Register to post comments Please Log In or Register to post comments. http://techkumar.com/windows-7/windows-error-recovery-windows-7-failed-to-start-hp.html Also, In the above example we use the "windows" directory.

Close Config.nt. 6. Config.nt Windows 7 Location How do I solve this with no disc? If I try to manually start a DOS console (Run -> CMD) and then try to start DOSX.EXE manually, DOSX.EXE start (proving that the path works) and displays: File not found

does anyone know what's going on.

some popular games), the InstallShield software used for the installation of older versions of Amiga Forever (up to version 6.0) makes use of 16-bit Windows technology which requires a valid AUTOEXEC.NT Loading... Locate, and then right-click Command.co, and then click Copy. 7. 16 Bit Ms-dos Subsystem Windows 7 At the beginning of each existing line of text, type: REM and add a space.  For example: lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\mscdexnt.exe becomes REM lh %SYSTEMROOT%\system32\mscdexnt.exeEnter the text listed below Step 10.  You may

If the issue continues to occur, try the other suggestions below. Part 1: Create the Files in Notepad: 1. Thanks for nothing. weblink Search Google Answers for Google Home - Answers FAQ - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy Tax, Accounting, & Audit Support Modal title News Flash Messages0 Log In

Why do I receive an error when I attempt to run a 16-bit program under Windows NT? Restart your computer. 9. right click on it, and go to the program tab. Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Jan 4, 2005 The site mentioned above (http://www.atsoft.fi/tiedostot/win/xp/autoexnt.exe} Saved my computer!

Database administrator? Choose 'Close' to terminate the application.Close | Ignore click 'Ignore'Instead of '\AUTOEXEC.NT' you could be missing '\Config.nt' or '\Command.com" Thanks for watching Category Science & Technology Licence Standard YouTube Licence Show Log In or Register to post comments Anonymous User (not verified) on Nov 24, 2004 My computer came with XP, and has no install disc with it. You are amazing.

At the command prompt, type the following, press ENTER between each line: expand :\i386\config.nt c:\windows\system32\config.nt expand :\i386\autoexec.nt c:\windows\system32\autoexec.nt expand :\i386\command.co c:\windows\system32\command.com exit Where is the name On the File menu, click Save As. 4. The system file is not suitable for running MS-DOS and Microsoft Windows applications. Sign in to make your opinion count.

I cant tell youhow happy you have made me!!! Application running is not safe. dfruk1 45,019 views 4:36 How to.. Loading...

I am trying to download music to my MP3 player and get this message. On the File menu, click Save As. 4. Method 2: Create the Files In Notepad And Copy the Files To the System32 Directory ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NOTE: The file, Command.com is not edited or created in this Part. Loading...

Sign in to add this video to a playlist. Watch QueueQueueWatch QueueQueue Remove allDisconnect Loading...